12 May 2010

It's hard to fathom...

So, I'm pretty much an emotional wreck right now.

Why?

I'll tell you.

You know about Facebook, right? Good. Well, I get most of my important information about my friends from this social networking site because I stalk it like nothing else (hehe!). About a week ago, I noticed that I had been asked to join a group in my little notifications section on my home page. Curious, I clicked on it with the usual intention of ignoring the group and going about my merry way in life. When I clicked on the group, my entire world froze - I literally stopped breathing for a minute and sat in shock. I couldn't believe my eyes. No way, this couldn't possibly be happening!

I won't divulge the title of the group I was asked to join in order to protect the privacy of those involved, but I will tell you the group was asking for prayers for someone I knew. Someone I taught. At a school I fell in love with. My all girl's school.

I did a little poking around on the page to find out what happened and this is what I came up with:
Slipping in and out of consciousness (I can't type that without crying). She has swelling in her brain and is in the ICU.


I won't go into how it happened because it really doesn't matter. She made a silly decision and now she has to pay a horrible price for it.

But I'm not here to bash her. Goodness knows she doesn't need that. I'm here asking for prayers for her. Chances are you who are reading this have no idea who this is and probably never will. But we're used to praying for people we really don't know, right? Please. I'm imploring you. She needs all of the God-send we can give.

The last update I had said this:
She was doing better yesterday but things got really bad last night. The swelling spiked and she's back on the paralytic in the coma and has a 101.5 fever


I also got some information that she might have to relearn some of her behavior because that's the part of her brain that has been damaged. I'm not a doctor, so I have no idea what part of the brain that is. The only thing I know is that this is serious and that I, her teachers, her classmates, her friends, and her family want her to get better. She was one of the students that I connected with the most while I taught there. She was bubbly and energetic and quite a character. I loved having her in class as much as everyone else. I know they want to see her again.

If I get any more updates, I'll be sure to post them. Until then, let's just keep this here. Don't spread anything - it leads to rumors and those usually aren't true.

If I get her hospital information, I'm going to try to visit her. In the meantime, please keep J in your prayers.

God bless you all!

Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment